- 1 pound meat (lamb or beef) cut stew style
- 1 pound spinach chopped
- 1 sweet white onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 cups of boiled water
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- In a large pot heat oil, add chopped onions and sauté until golden. Add meat, sprinkle salt, a pinch of nutmeg and ½ teaspoon of allspice. Sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Cover the meat with 5 cups of boiled water and let cook, if the pressure cooker is used let it boil for about 30 minutes. Turn off the heat and keep the pressure cooker to cool off before uncovering the pot.
- Take out meat broth leaving only about ½ a cup, then add chopped spinach over the meat, integrate everything together and once it starts boiling, lower the heat, cover and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add salt and ½ teaspoon of allspice.