As a kid I was never a big fan of okra, it was the only dish that I wouldn't eat when my mother used to make it, especially when she made it with meat. For some reason, I just didn't like this vegetable. However, I liked it better when my mom would make it during lent as a vegan dish.
- 1 bag frozen okra
- 4-5 medium-size ripped tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Green hot chili (optional)
- Place frozen okra on a baking tray, sprinkle some olive oil and grill for about 15-20 minutes, keep an eye on the baking sheet and stir to get all okra fully grilled.
- In a pot warm some olive oil and pour chopped tomatoes, sauté for 5 minutes on high heat, then turn heat into medium and keep sautéing until tomatoes look soft and cooked, this will take about 15 minutes.
- Add okra and mix, let it simmer on low heat for another 10 minutes, add salt.
- Warm olive oil in a separate skillet, add crushed garlic, sauté until garlic is golden brown, then pour over okra with tomatoes. Mix everything well together and serve hot or in room temperature with bread or alone.