- 1/2 bag spaghetti
- 1 sweet onion chopped
- 3 crushed garlic clove
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-2 tablespoon of za’atar leaves (fresh or dry) or oregano
- 2 cups tomatoes juice
- 1 tablespoon tomatoes paste
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- In a pot, heat oil and add onions and garlic, sauté for a few minutes then add bell pepper. Continue sautéing until onions are golden brown and bell pepper are softened, this step will take about 15 minutes.
- Add za’atar and then mushrooms. Continue sautéing a few more minutes.
- In a blender mix tomatoes and pour into the mix. Add salt and allspice
- Mix tomato paste with water, stir well and pour over the sauce. Mix sauce well with vegetables and once starts boiling, turn the heat on low and let it simmer for another 10-15 minutes
- Prepare spaghetti following bag instructions.
- Pour spaghetti over the sauce and integrate everything well together.