The taste of cake with the juicy sweet fresh plums makes this cake a great combination. This plum cake is a great idea for an easy breakfast or a quick snack with your afternoon coffee.
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 stick softened/melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- pinch of salt
- lemon zest
- 3–4 plums
- Blend well all wet ingredients, start with eggs, then add vanilla, butter, sugar.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients over the mix, starting with flour, baking soda, salt, lemon zest then add yogurt. Integrate all the ingredients well.
- Cut plums in wedges, take about a handful of wedges, and cut each wedge in half then add them to the cake mix.
- Pour the mix into a 9” size greased pan.
- Decorate the rest of the plum’s wedges on the top of the cake.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 320
- Sugar: 17.8
- Sodium: 474.4mg
- Fat: 13.8g
- Carbohydrates: 43.9g
- Fiber: .08g
- Protein: 5.7g
- Cholesterol: 72.9g
Keywords: Plum Cake, black plums, Breakfast, Afternoon Coffee