- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup olive oil or (half olive oil and half vegetable oil)
- 3/4 cup sugar (use 1 cup for extra sweetness)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup of za'atar leaves (dried or green)
- 1 cup of warm water
- Heat up the oven on 375 degrees
- In a bowl mix together flour, oil, baking powder, za'atar leaves, then add the water and knead all together until you have a smooth dough.
- With your hands make a small ball and flatten into a circle shape, either with a roller or with both hands.
- Place cookies next to each other on a baking sheet (no need to grease the baking sheet since dough already has oil).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes and until cookies turn golden brown. Can be stored in an airtight container up to a week. Or in a zip bag in the freezer for up to 2 months.