- 1 can fava beans
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 juice of a lemon or more (adjust to taste)
- 2 - 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/4 of a jalapeno or chili pepper (optional)
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of parsley to garnish (optional)
- Open fava beans, wash and rinse well.
- Place fava beans in a pot, add water and bring to a boil.
- In a separate bowl pour fava beans with water and mash well until all beans are softened.
- Mix da’ah: fresh lemon juice, crushed garlic with pepper and salt, pour da’ah over foul and mix well. Adjust to taste.
- Pour olive oil on top and garnish with parsley
- Serve with khubez (Arabic flatbread).