A simple banana bread recipe inspired by fresh strawberries. I decided to experiment by adding chocolate chips and fresh strawberries. The combination of chocolate and strawberries turned out so delicious, I had to share this recipe with all of you!
Faris and I picked some delicious fresh strawberries at the farm, We had so many left I thought it would be great to add to a banana bread. Raspberries can be used instead of strawberries also a great combination. Speaking of strawberries check out my easy strawberry jam recipe.
Banana Bread facts
Did you know that banana bread actually tastes better the next day? Once this perfect banana bread has completely cooled down, resist the urge to cut yourself a piece and wrap it up in foil or plastic wrap. Leave the bread at room temperature to enjoy the next day.
How Long Does Banana Bread Last? Banana bread can keep for up to four days on your counter before you will begin to notice changes in texture. When day five or six rolls around the bread will start to dry out, but it will still be fine to eat. Just pop a slice in the toaster and you will never know the difference. You can maximize the shelf life of your banana bread by covering it with foil, plastic wrap, or place in a plastic bag to prevent drying out.
A simple banana bread recipe inspired by fresh strawberries. I decided to experimented with adding chocolate chips and fresh strawberries. The combination of choclate and strawberries turned out so delicious, I just had to share this recipe with all of you!
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup butter (or half butter half oil)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup yogurt
- 4 medium bananas (mashed)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I prefer dark)
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- Mix all dry ingredients: flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda.
- Start by blending eggs, then add to it vanilla, butter, and sugar
- Pour wet mix over dry mix and integrated everything well together.
- Add yogurt to the mix
- Add smashed bananas
- Add chocolate chips, leave some to place on top
- Add just a few slices of strawberries in the mix, and the rest on top
- Pour mixture into two 9x13 inch size loaf
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 50-55 minutes