Fava beans are one of the very common beans in the Palestinian cuisine, they’re popular as green during springtime which is the season. And they are also very popular throughout the year with this very common dish –ful mdamas, and not only in Palestine but across the Middle East. It is a staple breakfast/lunch everyday food.
However, today I’m making a salad from this nutrient bean, fava beans are also known to have the highest protein percentage compared to any other beans.
Here is how to make fava beans salad: I’m using the canned one, hard dried beans are hard to find, canned is the best option. Rinse fava beans well after opening the can to get rid of any residue that comes with canned food. In a medium-sized bowl add beans, chopped tomatoes, green onions, parsley, and previously cooked quinoa. Quinoa helps to give the dish a good tasty texture. If you don’t like quinoa the salad can be eaten with bread. Then add the dressing which consists of fresh lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, and salt. Mix everything well together. This recipe is enough for 2 people.
An easy dish full of nutrients that can be prepped in no time and tastes so good.
- 1 cup or 1 can Fava beans
- 3-4 roman tomatoes chopped
- 5 ounces of green onions chopped (scallions)
- 4 ounces chopped parsley
- ½ cup of cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- Rinse fava beans well after opening the can to get rid of any residue that comes with canned food. Place beans in a medium-sized salad bowl.
- Add tomatoes, scallions, parsley, and quinoa, pour in lemon juice, olive oil, and salt. Mix everything well together.
This recipe is enough for 2 people