This is a simple baked veggies recipe with so much flavor. These vegetables are mixed with different spices, olive oil, and lemon juice. This recipe can be a great addition to your holiday table. The combination of these vegetables mix well with a turkey or a chicken dish.
This is an easy dish that can be prepared in about 10 minutes. I know you may think Brussel sprouts are not the most glamourous vegetable and some, whether kids or adults may not like them. However, I have some friends who despise this veggie and simply loved them in my recipe when they tried it.
It is worth mentioning that in Palestine Brussel Sprouts do not exist, I'd call them baby cabbage -:).
The combination of Brussel sprouts, cremini mushrooms, baby potatoes, and onions this gives the entire dish an extra flavor. You can add or substitute any other vegetables to suit your preference. You can also use regular potatoes instead of the baby ones, just cut them into squares.
How to make a baked vegetable dish with a Palestinian cuisine twist
After washing and rinsing The veggies, cut the stems top off of each Brussel sprout. Then place all the vegetables on a baking sheet. I find using the graniteware roaster with its lid works great. However, if you don’t have one you can just use any baking sheet or Pyrex tray but make sure to cover them with foil. Pour the rest of the ingredients over veggies: garlic powder, salt, pepper, allspice, cinnamon, lemon juice, soy sauce, and olive oil. Then Mix all ingredients well , you can add about ¼ cup of water if you need extra liquid. Cover and bake at 375 F for about 45 minutes to an hour or until fork tender.Print
This is a simple baked veggies recipe with so much flavor, the vegetables are mixed with different spices, olive oil, and lemon. This recipe can be a great addition to your holiday table. The combination of these vegetables mix well next to a turkey or a chicken dish.
- 1 pound Brussel sprouts (washed, stems out if big cut in half)
- 1 pound baby potatoes or any other potatoes cut into squares.
- ½ pound mushrooms.
- 1 onion sliced (red or white)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1-2 freshly squeezed lemon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- ¼ cup extra virgin or regular olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Wash vegetables well, then place them in a graniteware roaster or a baking tray.
- Pour all the ingredients: lemon juice, garlic powder, allspice, cinnamon, salt and pepper, soy sauce, and olive oil.
- Mix everything well together.
- Cover and bake at 375 F for about 45 minutes to an hour.
Serve as a side dish!